Strengthening civil society on peace and security in Kenya
This is a capacity building project for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working on Peace, Security & Stability. It is a five year activity covering the period January 2016 to December 2020 and focuses on seven targeted counties of Kwale, Mombasa, Kilifi, Isiolo, Garissa, Baringo and West Pokot.
The main purpose of the project is improved capacity and effectiveness of CSOs, government and security oversight bodies to counter violent extremism and prevent political and natural resource conflicts in Kenya. To achieve this, the programme has five objectives:
- Improving the capacity of local level CSOs to address emerging conflicts and forestall violence enhanced.
- Increasing women engagement in leadership roles in peace and security activities in the engagement areas.
- Enhancing the collaboration between CSOs and government agencies in addressing conflicts and extremism enhanced.
- Increasing the use of local information by relevant national and county government agents to develop and implement coherent national security policies, action plans and strategies.
- Strengthening evidence based research informing policy frameworks and decision making to promote peace and stability.
Our partners include Act Change Transform (Act!) and the Embassy of Denmark (DANIDA).